Thursday, May 20, 2010

Better Beginning to the Blog

Thinking of a title is difficult.

A blog's title characterizes the blog itself so much, and almost locks the blog into communicating something specific. I don't like that, you know? Last summer, it was "Keeping it Fresh in the Dirty 'Desh," and that blog communicated my, Trey, Banks, and Tommy's experiences in Bangladesh. Simple, sweet, sometimes short. Whatever, Bangladesh--okay.

But this blog is different. I hope it's different. I'm leaving for Ethiopia tomorow, true. Wait, not true. I'm leaving for Ethiopia in 7 hours (it's 6:25am, this is my get-my-mind-right-ready vigil.) So, initially it'll be me "Living Like a Cornucopia in Ethiopia" (yes/no? Too much?), but I hope it'll become more.

Anyway, about the name. Life and Lucidity (other suggestions included "Chris's F**king Blog," and "Sex, Drugs, and Videotape." No me gusta.) Lucidity is an important idea to me. It's the word that describes meaningful moments in my life when I'm brought to a significant understanding of my character, my circumstances, my motivation, my connection to Jesus, and the other things that make me me. There are moments when I understand, and life is so beautiful. Circumstances don't create that, it's just a sudden lucidity.

I consider those moments gifts.

I hope that this blog, through the stories and photos posted, will be an invitation to imagine those moments and share them.

So, here's to some sharing.

Whew. Alright, all the ideology is out. Don't take me too seriously, but this is just my hope. I keep falling asleep in mid-type, and am typing some ridiculous things. That means this get-my-mind-right-ready vigil must end, and I must sleep. More mind-righting must--whoops. Okay, dangerously close to drooling on the keyboard. Seriously, sleep now.

Goodnight and Goodmorning,
-Chris

1 comments:

Catherine said...

cheers my friend! can't wait to "share" in your moments, memories, and ideas.

*bon voyage*

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Life and Lucidity
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com